Dear Mosaic Family,
One of the things every father feels responsible for in caring for a family is providing good housing—someplace safe, warm and big enough accommodate joyful life together.
Our Father has been caring for Mosaic over the past ten years of our existence downtown. That has never been more evident than these past six months as we’ve been working hard to prepare a home for everyone at the Mosaic Center.
And it’s all coming together this week! From fire to plumbing permits, we’ve had every permit we asked for given this week…so far. All that remains is the actual Certificate of Occupancy (CO) from the City and the Occupancy Permit from the Fire Department. Then we’ll be good to go. (I’ll have a wonderful little story about that on Sunday).
So please KEEP PRAYING for all the pieces to come together so we can celebrate in our new home THIS SUNDAY, February 12th.
Given where we are right now, we’ll be taking most of Saturday as a work day to finish up the following:
- Move most things from our storage in Airway Heights to the Center.
- Do final touch-up painting of the entire main floor (trim, walls, ceilings, etc.)
- Do our final cleaning of everything (offices, bathrooms, classrooms, etc.).
- Set up chairs, instruments and foyer furniture in prep for Sunday.
- Clean up and organize both basement storage closets.
- Have fun fellowshipping together as we work, singing and praising God for His goodness to us!
Doors will open Saturday by 9:00 a.m. for work and will close when we are done!
Here’s what you need to know for SUNDAY @ the Center:
- Since the lot is narrow, were asking all large vehicles to park in our overflow lot (the Bike Shop lot). Be sure to get a dashboard parking I.D. from the parking attendants.
- Our main lot (west of the building) may fill up quickly. If so, you may use the Drop-Off Zone in front of the Center doors to let people off and then proceed around the corner on Howard St. to park in the Bike Shop parking lot.
- People with small children, handicapped or elderly occupants will find special parking in our west lot.
- We’re asking everyone not involved in Sunday prep to enter through the main doors on 3rd after 9:15 a.m.
- If you would like to come early and look around, feel free to come on in and grab a cup of coffee sometime after 9:15 m. this Sunday but before our regular 10:00 a.m. service.
Come ready to celebrate the goodness of our Father in caring for us and the heart of our city. We’ve only just begun to experience what God wants to do to pour out His heart on the heart of Spokane!
Expectantly and gratefully,