While Mosaic seems to be doing something every day of the week in Spokane, what I’m talking about today is the BIG move we are working on currently. By that I mean our search for larger facilities that will accommodate our expanding ministry in this city.
I like to tell people who don’t know much about Mosaic that we exist “to help people experience the heart of God in the heart of the city…right where we live, work and play.” We’re wanting to see every residential building in downtown Spokane have a vibrant witness for Christ there. We’re wanting to branch out and resource the business community downtown with spiritual and relational resources that help them succeed. And we want to play a significant role in the “play” of our city by providing a smaller concert venue for musicians where people can come and enjoy a wide spectrum of musical events.
So just so you know what we’re looking for in a facility that can accommodate that, here is a short-list of what we would like our new space to be able to facilitate.
- A coffee shop that is open to the public 6 days a week, 12-18 hours a day, with adjacent conference rooms for groups.
- A concert venue that allows us to host smaller musical events during the evenings.
- A gathering space for our Sunday worship celebrations that includes space for multiple children’s groups, toddlers and babies all at the same time.
- Space for a youth outreach center that can serve the youth of Spokane during the week.
- Minimal office space
- Some kitchen facilities
- Parking for 100-200 cars
- In the core of downtown Spokane!
We’re not asking for much in downtown Spokane, are we? Just a modern miracle!!!
The reality is, we have leads on two very promising possibilities. One is The Globe building on Division and Main. The other is a yet-to-be-built retail and parking structure a block from where we currently are. One could possibly accommodate us by fall, the other by next year sometime.
So here is what I’d like to ask each of you to DO:
- PRAY that God will guide our search, our negotiations, the timing and the outcome of this building acquisition.
- PASS THE WORD that we are now accepting business proposals for our future coffee shop. If you know of people who are seriously interested in developing and managing such a business, please let me know by email (
) or phone (509-710-8026).
- PREPARE FOR EASTER. (Yes, I had to keep the alliteration going!) But with just a few days until Holy Week, it is time to be both preparing our hearts for gratitude AND inviting lost sinners to join in the celebration. Here’s what we have planned for this coming week:
- Monday Evening Lenten Prayer Time at 7PM at Mosaic Offices
- Good Friday Communion Service, Friday, March 29th at 7:00PM
- Easter Sunday Services: Sunday (of course), same time (9 & 11AM), same place (baring a really BIG miracle in the next 8 days).
Thanks for loving God and people for the glory of Jesus Christ.