From childhood, we’ve all learned different ways of coping with life, particularly the less enjoyable things in life. Not all those coping mechanisms were healthy or positive. Some were downright destructive.
But now we’re adults, right? And we’ve got it all figured out—where we were dysfunctional, what we need to do to get healthy, and how to cope with just about any crisis that comes our way. Uh huh!
Fact is, life just keeps throwing at us new experiences that will either drive us deeper into our dysfunctional coping skills of the past OR invite us into new, healthier and actually life-giving ways of bringing God into our challenges. This past month has certainly held both those options before us at every turn of this unexpected COVID-19 crisis.
So let me invite you into some healthier, life-giving options for the remainder of this week as we all wrestle with the ongoing and now-extended Washington State lock-down.
- Thursday Night: Join us tonight at 7:00 p.m. for a half-hour of community prayer followed by 30-40 minutes of worship, music, readings, thoughts and praise with Andrew & Katie (right from their home studeo). Just go to https://www.facebook.com/pg/MosaicFellowshipSpokane/videos/?ref=page_internal and look for the “Live” video streaming post anytime after 7:27 p.m.
- Friday Night Couples-In: check out this link anytime after 4:00 p.m. for the live-feed couples event we’re hosting on our Facebook page starting this Friday night. If you miss it live, the link should still work for the next 7-10 days. Find a comfy couch with your spouse (and your computer or smart phone, of course) and prepare to laugh a little on behalf of your marriage. Go to https://www.facebook.com/marriedpeople/settings/?tab=video_crossposting&ref=vcp&partner_id=8280908569
- Friday Evening PRAYER: join Pastor Bob as he leads our evening prayer group on Zoom from 7:00-8:00 p.m. Just go to zoom.com, hit “Join Meeting” and type in 619-147-697.
- Saturday Night Prayer: use the same process and meeting number for the above Friday evening prayer. Only Saturday night, Pastor Jesse will be leading our time together.
- Changing Lives Outreach: please continue to pray for the safety, health and strength of our team of 15-20 people serving our neighborhood’s street population in various ways every Saturday afternoon and evening.
- Sunday Mosaic Worship: If you were with us last Sunday (or tried to be), you know we had just a few technical issues. We’ve hopefully resolved all of them this week and will be coming up with our best product yet. (Yes, keep praying for us!) It should be available live at 8:45 a.m. on YouTube. (Go to our Mosaic Fellowship Spokane YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL575JKtRq76kywEV7MKfhA.) You will also, hopefully, be able to find it on our own website at mosaicspokane.com. (Just click the Sunday Service header…it may say YouTube… and enjoy a better quality video and sound than our previous Facebook live-feed.)
As far as the teaching content goes this weekend, I’ll be sharing about some of the emotions we’re all dealing with these days and what God is inviting us to do with and through them in ways that will be life-giving to our own souls and the people around us. We’ll also get a visual/video glimpse of what God is still doing, right now, in the middle of Covid-19, through some of our saints at Mosaic.
“See you” soon… on the (little) screen!